-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: JTA under Tomcat
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:43 pm 
Senior
Senior

Hi,

I'm trying to get JTA up and running under Tomcat 5.5.9. Now I've read this: http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/re ... onstrategy and I'm wondering why all these web containers are listed but not Tomcat. what does one do under Tomcat to get Hibernate to locate UserTransaction?

Thanks,
Gili

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:07 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

hibernate in action page 65

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:45 am 
Senior
Senior

anthony wrote:
hibernate in action page 65

I found nothing on page 65 so I don't know what you referring to, but on page 50 I found:

Code:
Tomcat isn’t a full application server; it’s just a servlet container, albeit a servlet container with some features usually found only in application servers. One of these features may be used with Hibernate: the Tomcat connection pool. Tomcat uses the DBCP connection pool internally but exposes it as a JNDI datasource, just like a real application server. To configure the Tomcat datasource, you’ll need to edit server.xml according to instructions in the Tomcat JNDI/JDBC documentation. You can configure Hibernate to use this datasource by setting hibernate.connection. datasource. Keep in mind that Tomcat doesn’t ship with a transaction manager, so this situation is still more like a non-managed environment as described earlier.

Is this was you meant?

Gili

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:17 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Don't you think it answers you question fully?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:20 am 
Senior
Senior

christian wrote:
Don't you think it answers you question fully?

It does. I just wasn't sure whether or not this was what anthony was refering to.

Thank you,
Gili

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:48 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

yes it was, it page 65 on the pdf for those how have a licensed pdf file and as you said page number 50

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:24 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Found that for Tomcat 4, dont know if can be used for 5 or if its even reliable for 4 anyway.

Quote:
Tomcat 4.1 provides transaction management and resource configuration support through the use of Tyrex 1.0. This allows the user to obtain JTA/JCA resources from the JNDI namespace, as well as the standard javax.transaction.UserTransaction.

Tomcat JNDI

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]