-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Setting max_fetch_depth at runtime
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:36 am 

I am working on an application that returns back a tree structure similar to an org tree. The user can specify the depth to which they want the information retrieved. It would be very convinient for me if I could configure the hibernate.max_fetch_depth parameter at runtime. Is there a way to do this, or something else to the same effect?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:04 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I think query.setMaxResults(int) will help you. This method is available for Criteria, too. Unfortunatelly you can't sepcify a min range to be able to fetch rows from e.g. 1000 to 2000

Regards,
caterham

Post subject: Will not guarantee depth
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:34 pm 

Max results will not guarantee a certain depth, only a number of elements returned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:50 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

You're right. I read it wrong. But I think a max depth will be hard to set. Did you try to build such a query in SQL? If I am not wrong, Oracle has the possibility to set a level when using aggregate functions like GROUP BY. But I am not sure if this works with a hibernate query.

Post subject: It already is configurable
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:53 pm 

You can set this option at start up time, and I was wondering if it is possible to access it at run time, to make a "connect by with depth" possible. This way the collections are fetched up to a point.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]