-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can hibernate converts a proxy to the real McCoy?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:18 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hibernate version: 3.0

I have an entity bean class A which I would like to serialize and send over the network to an external system which knows nothing about hibernate. Moreover I have had to declare A lazy, which means that Hibernate represents instances of A using proxies.

Now I could just serialize the A proxies and send them to the external system, but then I would need the external system to include hibernate.jar which contains the proxy classes, and for design reasons I cannot do that.

So what I would much rather like to do was to call some API which converted a proxy instance into a real non-proxy instance of A. This means an API which creates a new A and sets its properties equal to the properties found in the proxy. Of course I could write this myself, but I would like to know if hibernate can do this for me.

Thanks.

Randahl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:04 am 
Expert
Expert

Try something like this:

LazyInitializer li = (LazyInitializer)<your object>;
Object target = li.getImplementation();

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:40 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks alesj

At first I thought this would work, but it turns out hibernate still puts a SerializableProxy into the serialization stream.

Am I really the first guy on the planet who needs to serialize a persistent Java bean without hibernate's intervention?

I am looking for a mechanism which allows me to retrieve a persistent entity bean from my database and then serialize it the way it would have been if it was just a regular (non-hibernate) java bean. Can this not be done some way?

Randahl

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]