-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Event System. How does it works?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:24 pm 
Regular
Regular

Hibernate version:
--
Hi.
I'm seeking some examples and documentation on the new Event System, particulary the Save/Delete and flush events.
By first sight it looks like it's a big reorganization of Interceptor interface. But the interceptor has several limitations like:
- I can't use the session. I have to clone it with the same connection.
- The parameters are a mess:
onFlushDirty method is:
Code:
public boolean onFlushDirty(
           Object entity,
           Serializable id,
           Object[] currentState,
           Object[] previousState,
           String[] propertyNames,
           Type[] types)

1 - I have the entity that has the properties.
2 - I have the Id (I can get it in the entity);
3- I have current state, that I can get in the object. And it's an array (!?). I feel like I'm programming assembler here.
4- This is new information, but again in an array! why not an instance of the entity?
5- propertyName: I hate to search a name in an array to them get the value back in another list. It's a pain.
6- Types: This is tricky, but may be usefull.

Looks like the Event just put all this in a Event Object (like FlushEntityEvent).
Code:
public void onFlushEntity(FlushEntityEvent event)

flushentityevent wrapper. What does each method do ? where is the documentation of those classes??
Code:
Method Summary
Object[]    getDatabaseSnapshot()

int[]    getDirtyProperties()

Object    getEntity()

EntityEntry    getEntityEntry()

Object[]    getPropertyValues()

boolean    hasDatabaseSnapshot()

boolean    hasDirtyCollection()

boolean    isDirtyCheckHandledByInterceptor()

boolean    isDirtyCheckPossible()

void    setDatabaseSnapshot(Object[] databaseSnapshot)

void    setDirtyCheckHandledByInterceptor(boolean dirtyCheckHandledByInterceptor)

void    setDirtyCheckPossible(boolean dirtyCheckPossible)

void    setDirtyProperties(int[] dirtyProperties)

void    setHasDirtyCollection(boolean hasDirtyCollection)

void    setPropertyValues(Object[] propertyValues)

But what happens if I change a property of the entity during onFlushEntity execution of DefaultFlushEntityEventListener event implementation instead of changing it in the array of properties given by getPropertyMethods?
Because as I said on the Interceptor above, I think that it's really boring to change values in an array of objects when I have a powerfull Object To Relational Mapping tool.
And what If I want to query database? how do I do this? I still need to clone the session? but where is the session?
damn, I really want to belive that the Event System is better than this. But I can't find any information on how it works!
There is only one page of documentation on the reference guide in this subject :([/b]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]