-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Prob. w. HibernateEntityManager 3.1beta7 Setup+Dependency
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:47 pm 

Hello,

I am trying to use the latest release of Hibernate EntityManager (3.1beta7) and I have obtained the dependencies stated in the manual, however I am getting an exception. Show below is the sample code and the exception.

Code:
    public void test_bootstrap() {
        // Use persistence.xml configuration
        EntityManagerFactory emf = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("appssoEtyMgr");
        EntityManager em = emf.createEntityManager(); // Retrieve an application managed entity manager

assertNotNull(em);
    }

I get the following exception:

Quote:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/util/file/ArchiveBrowser$Filter
at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:109)
at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:37)
at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:27)
at com.evergreen.userlinks.biz.EntityManagerConfigTest.test_bootstrap(EntityManagerConfigTest.java:22)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit2.JUnitStarter.main(JUnitStarter.java:32)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:90)

I am a little surprised by the JBoss-dependency in the exception; I thought Hibernate EntityManager is supposed to act as an EJB3-style facade to Hibernate SessionFactory. Must I use the JBoss AS or microcontainer to use Hibernate EntityManager? The documentation below doesn't say anything about requiring JBoss.

Quote:
2.1. Setup

The EJB3 compatible Hibernate EntityManager is built on top of Hibernate core and Hibernate Annotations. You have to use compatible versions of each module. This version is known to work on Hibernate 3.2.0.CR2 and Hibernate Annotations 3.1beta9. The following libraries have to be in your classpath: hibernate3.jar, hibernate-annotations.jar, hibernate-entity-manager.jar and all needed third party libraries for each package.(incl. ejb-persistence.jar).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

PS - I can't find Hibernate 3.2.0CR2 anywhere on the Hibernate web site (only CR1).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:32 am 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
Must I use the JBoss AS or microcontainer to use Hibernate EntityManager? The documentation below doesn't say anything about requiring JBoss.

No, but you must have those that are in HibEM lib directory:
ejb3-persistance, hib-annotations, javaassist, jboss-archive-browsing

First two are obvious.
Others are utils for browsing through classes.

Your class (org/jboss/util/file/ArchiveBrowser$Filter) is in last one (as expected). And this lib is just 16k.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:13 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

This is just a small jar parsing library that has nothing to do with the MC nor JBossAS. Don't be scared by org.jboss.something :-)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]