-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:42 am 

emmanuel wrote:
javax.persistence.IndexColumn does not exist.
org.hibernate.annotations.IndexColumn is what you want.

Abject apologies. I had the import statement wrong. Looking good now, and many thanks!

Kind regards,
Luke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:13 pm 
Senior
Senior

Hi,

Just wanted to throw in my two cents. Without any offence meant to anyone working on Hibernate Annotations, my experience with it has been horrible. Stuff that used to work fine with XDoclet (as ugly as it might be) simply did not work under Annotations. It didn't just not work, it gave me absolutely confusing error messages which resulted in me wasting weeks trying to track them down only to find out the problem is likely a bug in annotations support and not in my code. I have already filed some JIRA issues and I'm currently waiting for them to be fixed.

My advice to you is to keep your XDoclet markup until you know for sure that Hibernate Annotations will work for you. If it doesn't you can always go back to XDoclet.

I think Annotations currently has problems supporting Generics (which I use heavily in my code) so if you use them, watch out!

Gili

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:10 am 
Beginner
Beginner

One cent from here -- if you are starting with Hibernate from scratch (and never used XDoclet and don't like extra-xml-files), don't hesitate using the Annotations beta package. It works great!

Cheers,
Christian

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2