-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: outer-join not working on many-to-one
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:26 pm 

Now that i have read the FAQs, the forums and the documentation, i'm out of ideas on this one. I know I must be doing something wrong, but I just don't see it. This mapping setup used to work with hibernate 2.1. Modifying them for hibernate 3 seems to have changed the bahavior and I do not know why.

I have 2 object Profile and ContactInfo. Profile references ContacInfo with a nullable foreign key. What I want is that both objects be loaded in the same query with an outer-join. Here is my setup:

Hibernate version: 3.0.final

Mapping documents:

Code:
<hibernate-mapping package="com.server.data.profile">

<class name="Profile" table="profile" lazy="false">

<id name="uid" column="id">
         <generator class="native"/>
      </id>

<property name="firstName" column="firstname" not-null="true" length="50" lazy="false"/>
      <property name="lastName" column="lastname" not-null="true" length="50" lazy="false"/>
      <property name="gender" column="gender" not-null="true" lazy="false"/>
      <property name="dateOfBirth" type="date" column="birthdate" not-null="true" lazy="false"/>
      <property name="passport" column="passport" not-null="false" length="10" lazy="false"/>
      <property name="creationDate" column="creationdate" type="date" not-null="true" lazy="false"/>
      <property name="description" column="notes" type="text" not-null="true" lazy="false"/>
      <property name="deleted" column="isdeleted" not-null="true" lazy="false"/>

<many-to-one name="contactInfo" column="contactinfoid" not-null="false" unique="true" cascade="all" outer-join="true" fetch="join" lazy="false"/>

</class>

<class name="ContactInfo" table="contactinfo" lazy="false">

<id name="uid" column="id">
         <generator class="native"/>
      </id>

<property name="primaryPhone" column="phone1" not-null="true" lazy="false" length="20"/>
      <property name="secondaryPhone" column="phone2" not-null="false" lazy="false" length="15"/>
      <property name="email" column="email" not-null="false" lazy="false" length="100"/>
      <property name="address" column="address" not-null="true" lazy="false" length="255"/>
      <property name="postalCode" column="postalcode" not-null="false" lazy="false" length="8"/>
      <property name="city" column="city" not-null="true" lazy="false" length="50"/>

</class>

</hibernate-mapping>

Code between sessionFactory.openSession() and session.close():

Code:
String query = "SELECT profile FROM Profile profile";
List dtos = session.createQuery(query).list();

Name and version of the database you are using:
MySQL 4.1.10-nt

The generated SQL (show_sql=true):

23:20:06,343 INFO [STDOUT] Hibernate: select profile0_.id as id, profile0_.firstname as firstname1_, profile0_.lastname as lastname1_, profile0_.gender as gender1_, profile0_.birthdate as birthdate1_
, profile0_.passport as passport1_, profile0_.creationdate as creation7_1_, profile0_.notes as notes1_, profile0_.isdeleted as isdeleted1_, profile0_.contactinfoid as contact10_1_ from profile profile
0_
23:20:06,859 INFO [STDOUT] Hibernate: select contactinf0_.id as id0_, contactinf0_.phone1 as phone2_2_0_, contactinf0_.phone2 as phone3_2_0_, contactinf0_.email as email2_0_, contactinf0_.address as
address2_0_, contactinf0_.postalcode as postalcode2_0_, contactinf0_.city as city2_0_ from contactinfo contactinf0_ where contactinf0_.id in (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)

Debug level Hibernate log excerpt:

I've enabled DEBUG but there does not seem any message related to why ContactInfo is not loaded together with Profile. I have tried to play with the parameters of many-to-one like removing fetch or outer-join but it is always the same result.

Note that max_fetch_depth is set to 2 and default_batch_fetch_size to 16.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]