-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mutliple Sessions Per Transaction
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:39 am 

Hi

I am not sure if I am right but I have an application that spawns about 50000 threads, each trying to save some data using Hibernate and end the session straight after this operation.

Inside a container managed environment, this operation is being initated by a SessionBean. By spawning so many threads and do the above mentioned operation, the JVM soon become Out Of Memory and died.

At a standalone application, it ran smoothly but in the container-managed environment, due to the fact that the JTA transaction is taking over all the commits, the problem arised.

I hope I am not confusing you guys here, but does anyone have a solution to my problem here?

Mike

Post subject: Add memory
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:35 am 
Regular
Regular

First thing you should look at, especially since it works outside a container, is assigning more memory to the JVM. Have a look at the -Xmn -Xms and -Xmx java parameters.

This is by no means a Hibernate issue. Google for "JVM tweaking". Possibly you need to add RAM to your computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:35 am 

Well,

I am running on Pentium M 2.0GB CPU with 2GB RAM already.

I've tried -Xms and -Xmx settings too, it still gives the same result.

Hanzc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:39 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Do you think the session is doing the OutOfMemoryException?
If yes, do a flush() and clear() "from time to time"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]