-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate 3.0 final has been released! ...where is it?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:23 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I just got an e-mail from Marc F that reads:

"Hibernate 3.0 is a critical part of JEMS, and we were proud to announce this much-anticipated final release during JBoss World."

So I went to download it and only found "release candidate 1". Is this the "final" 3.0 release? I'm confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:29 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

It is a release candidate for Hibernate 3.0. There were a couple of very minor last-minute bugs discovered since then, and i will release 3.0 final this week.

Post subject: any updated on production release?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:18 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

When will we have a production release (one not tagged as RC) out? We are starting a new project and I would like to use 3 instead of 2.x. The RC designation concerns some on my team.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:31 pm 
Regular
Regular

Take a look at the Road Map in JIRA for any outstanding issues. Using the RC to start development is a good idea, and when final is released, you'll be ahead of the game. There are lots and lots of changes b/w H2 and H3, so start early :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:16 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. Actually, we have been testing 3.0 and liking it a lot. I was wondering when we could expect to have an actual production release out there. The RC designation does not sound good to many management types.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:51 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

RC1 is production quality. Remove it if the name bothers you.

Post subject: okay.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:42 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Christian,

Thanks for the reply. If RC1 is production quality and I can remove it, then why is there to begin with? I am not trying to argue this question, just trying to get an answer to the question as it is important to us as users considering this release.

The question is still open. When will the Hibernate team release 3.0 without the RC1 qualifier?

Any guidance would be helpful.

Thanks,

Haytham

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:43 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

It has been added because there was a known issue with old Oracle/Sybase dialects (documented in README) at this time. We'll release a 3.0 final when this issue (and of course others that came up in the meantime) is resolved. You can watch our CVS commit log and JIRA to see what we are working on.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]