-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: my promblem with Hibernate3 upgrade
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:15 am 

I want to update my Hibernate 2.1 lib to Hibernate3 lib. And I have met a confusing
problem.
When I operate on a detached object , I often met an exception of

ERROR org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException:(LazyInitializationException.java:19)
- could not initialize proxy - the owning Session was closed
org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: could not initialize proxy - the owning Session was closed
at org.hibernate.proxy.AbstractLazyInitializer.initialize(AbstractLazyInitializer.java:53)
at org.hibernate.proxy.AbstractLazyInitializer.getImplementation(AbstractLazyInitializer.java:80)
at org.hibernate.proxy.CGLIBLazyInitializer.intercept(CGLIBLazyInitializer.java:134)
at com.hs.battlegame.domain.Player$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$98e3ec06.toString(<generated>)

From the stack trace, you know I have a POJO naming of com.hs.battlegame.Player, and now it has been detached
from hibernate session. When I make a log using something like player.toString(), it will produce the
stack trace above.

I found it is because of the attribute "target" of AbstractLazyInitialzer is null and should be
initialized, but it is a detached object and the session has been closed. I wonder why
the "target" attribute has not been initialized when the persistent object detached from hibernate
session?

I have enabled using query cache, and the first time the Player object loaded from database,
it is always a normal object of Player, but when I refresh the IE browser and load the Player object from StandardQueryCache
with EHCache,I always get a Player$$EnhancerByCGLIB, and throw the exception above.

During my testing process , only few occasion the "target" attribute is not null.

I have changed the Hibernate3 package reference of my dao code and the XML DOCTYPE of my hibernate mapping files.

Do I need to make any more changes in my hibernate mapping file or java code?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:03 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

read the migration guide on the hibernate.org wiki.

Post subject: The problem solved
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:11 am 

I changed my Hibernate mapping file, and set default-lazy="false".
It seemed that the problem had been solved.

sorry for your time.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]