-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Technical reason for not allowing filter defs in subclass?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:52 pm 
Expert
Expert

Hibernate version:Hibernate 3 Beta 4

Just wondering if there is a strong technical reason for the filter tags to not be included in the hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd.

I had wanted to implement a filter down at the subclass level so that some subclasses would be unfiltered.

I know the filters getting applied at the subclass level (inheriting from parent class) was fixed in RC1. Looking in the dtd for RC1 I don't see the tags specified for for the subclass.

Just wondering if it is by design or just lacking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:08 pm 
Expert
Expert

Ok, now that I think about this a little bit more, I'm not sure how it would even work, unless you were specifically querying for the subclass.

I actually wanted to search on the parent class and have the subclasses filtered out but I could see where that might become tangly pretty quick.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]