-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: application slowed down in hibernate3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:32 pm 

Hibernate version: Hibernate3.0rc1

Has anyone experienced slowness in the application after switching to hibernate3 ? Our application slowed down 2 times. I have replaced the jar files (and fixed imports) several times back and forth to make sure that it was hibernate (and nothing else like network or db) that slowed down the application. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kaarthik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:44 pm 

a quick comment...I have tested my application against SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle with hibernate3 and it is slower in all dbs. The worst performance hit is on SQL Server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:01 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

http://www.hibernate.org/Documentation/ ... ationGuide

have you take a look at lazy default behaviour?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:12 am 

yeah, I did take a look at the migration guide and I am aware of the default behavior. Infact, in our mapping files, we always specify lazy attribute. So, I guess, the change in default behavior is not the source of the problem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]