-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: text-clob not loading
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:20 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Read the rules before posting!
http://www.hibernate.org/ForumMailingli ... AskForHelp

Hello all:
I have just finished upgrading to Hibernate 3.0 successfully, however; whenI run my application the primary key is set for the field "comment" of type "text" (which is defined as Clob in query). If I run the application using hibernate 2.1.8, the field is reterieved properly and is displayed corrently but with Hibernate 3.0 the field is set to primary key !!!

Hibernate version:3.0

Mapping documents:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE hibernate-mapping PUBLIC "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Mapping DTD 3.0//EN" "http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd">
<hibernate-mapping package="iadm.readme.model">

<class name="iadm.readme.model.Comment" table="README.COMMENT" >

<id name="id" column="COMMENT_ID" type="long" >
<generator class="native"/>
</id>

<property name="author" type="string" column="AUTHOR" length="50" not-null="true"/>
<property name="title" type="string" column="TITLE" length="80" not-null="true"/>
<property name="comment" type="text" column="COMMENT" not-null="true"/>
<property name="visible" type="yes_no" column="VISIBLE" not-null="true"/>
<property name="created" column="CREATED_TIMESTAMP" type="timestamp" not-null="true" update="false"/>
<property name="modified" column="MODIFIED_TIMESTAMP" type="timestamp" not-null="true"/>

<many-to-one name="category" column="CATEGORY_ID" class="iadm.readme.model.Category" not-null="true" fetch="join"/>

<set name="releases" cascade="all-delete-orphan" inverse="true" batch-size="100" >
<key>
<column name="COMMENT_ID" not-null="true" />
</key>
<one-to-many class="iadm.readme.model.Release" />
</set>
</class>
<query name='comment'> <![CDATA[from Comment c left join fetch c.releases r where c.id = :id ]]></query>
<query name='commentByCategoryId'> <![CDATA[from Comment c left join fetch c.releases r left join fetch c.category where c.category.id = :id]]></query>
<query name='visibleCommentByCategoryId'> <![CDATA[from Comment c left join fetch c.releases r left join fetch c.category where c.category.id = :id and c.visible = :visible1 and c.category.visible = :visible2 ]]></query>
</hibernate-mapping>

Function called:
public Collection getCommentsByVisibilityAndCategoryId(long categoryId,
boolean commentVisible, Session session) {
Collection result = null;
String visible = (commentVisible) ? "Y" : "N";
try {
Collection comments = session.getNamedQuery(
"visibleCommentByCategoryId").setLong("id", categoryId)
.setString("visible1", visible).setString("visible2", "Y")
.list();
result = new HashSet(comments);
} catch (HibernateException ex) {
throw new InfrastructureException(ex);
}
return result;
}

Name and version of the database you are using: DB2 8.2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:02 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I was wondering if anyone really knows why this is happening, If I save a large text using Hibernate 3.0 in the Clob filed, the value is stored properly ( I have checked the database), but for the retrival, the value is set to the value of the primary key. However; the same code works fine with Hibernate 2.1.8, the actual text is retrieved.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]