-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Validator 5.2 - Controlling resource aggregation order
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:09 pm 

In 5.2 of hibernate-validator, PlatformResourceBundleLocator can be configured to aggregate together all resource bundles with a given name. Is there a way to control the aggregation ordering?

I don't currently need it for my use case, but I can imagine a case where you would want a "main" bundle that overrides some library default message properties, but want to use the library message properties for the rest.

If this isn't currently possible, is it worth adding to the library?

Post subject: Re: Validator 5.2 - Controlling resource aggregation order
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:22 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

What you describe is not possible atm. I cannot think of an easy way to configure such order (you'd somehow have to reference and order the different locations of the resources). But you could check out AggregateResourceBundleLocator which aggregates bundles of *different* names. Their order in case of conflicts is determined by the order of bundle names as passed to the locator's constructor.

Hth,

--Gunnar

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]