-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate validation is failing
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:36 pm 

Hi I have written the validation logic and I am testing it and it is failing for Failure scenario.

It is giving successful request, when it suppose to fail, not sure if it is validating or not.

Please find the validating xml below. Please let me know what is wrong.

<constraint-mappings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://jboss.org/xml/ns/javax/validation/mapping/validation-mapping-1.0.xsd"
xmlns="http://jboss.org/xml/ns/javax/validation/mapping">

<default-package>com.java.json</default-package>

<bean class="GetDocumentsRequest" ignore-annotations="false" >
<field name="requestInfo" ignore-annotations="false" >
<constraint annotation="javax.validation.constraints.NotNull"/>
</field>

<field name="requestingDocumentList" ignore-annotations="false" >
</field>
</bean>

<!-- Inner Elements for Fields defined above -->
<bean class="RequestInfo" ignore-annotations="false" >
<field name="requestID" ignore-annotations="false" >
<constraint annotation="org.hibernate.validator.constraints.NotBlank"/>
</field>
<field name="timeStamp" ignore-annotations="false" >
</field>
<field name="sendingNode" ignore-annotations="false" >
</field>
<field name="partnerName" ignore-annotations="false" >
</field>
</bean>

<bean class="RequestingDocumentList" ignore-annotations="false" >
<field name="programId" ignore-annotations="false" >
</field>
</bean>
</constraint-mappings>

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Hibernate validation is failing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:50 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

No idea what you are asking here. Is this related to your question https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1024487?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:52 am 

I am asking if the xml validation is right or not, because it does not validate the request at all, it is always gives success even if the request has missing fields.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:13 pm 

The "RequestingDocumentList" bean is a list and it is not getting validated, even I included <valid/> in the bean, I have debugged it and found that, it is including an empty list if it does not find the data for it, even if I give the "requestingDocumentList" as empty, it is not validating (it is not failing), which has a notNull constraint for "programId".

Please let me know how to validate this.

<bean class="GetDocumentsRequest" ignore-annotations="false" >
<field name="requestInfo" ignore-annotations="false" >
<valid/>
</field>

<field name="requestingDocumentList" ignore-annotations="false" >
<valid/>
</field>
</bean>

<bean class="RequestInfo" ignore-annotations="false" >
<field name="requestID" ignore-annotations="false" >
</field>
<field name="timeStamp" ignore-annotations="false" >
</field>
<field name="sendingNode" ignore-annotations="false" >
</field>
<field name="partnerName" ignore-annotations="false" >
</field>
</bean>

<bean class="RequestingDocumentList" ignore-annotations="false" >
<field name="programId" ignore-annotations="false" >
</field>
</bean>

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:49 pm 

Now I am getting UnmarshalException. Please help me.

Caused by: javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
- with linked exception:
[org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'valid'. One of '{"http://jboss.org/xml/ns/javax/validation/mapping":constraint}' is expected.]
at javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.createUnmarshalException(AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.java:314)
at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.createUnmarshalException(UnmarshallerImpl.java:505)
at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(UnmarshallerImpl.java:206)
at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(UnmarshallerImpl.java:179)
at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(UnmarshallerImpl.java:232)
at org.hibernate.validator.internal.xml.XmlMappingParser.getValidationConfig(XmlMappingParser.java:620)
... 53 more
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'valid'. One of '{"http://jboss.org/xml/ns/javax/validation/mapping":constraint}' is expected.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:195)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:131)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:384)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:318)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator$XSIErrorReporter.reportError(XMLSchemaValidator.java:417)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.reportSchemaError(XMLSchemaValidator.java:3182)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.handleStartElement(XMLSchemaValidator.java:1806)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.startElement(XMLSchemaValidator.java:705)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.validation.ValidatorHandlerImpl.startElement(ValidatorHandlerImpl.java:550)
at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.ValidatingUnmarshaller.startElement(ValidatingUnmarshaller.java:78)
at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.SAXConnector.startElement(SAXConnector.java:135)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:501)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(AbstractXMLDocumentParser.java:179)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:377)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2756)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:648)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:140)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:511)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:808)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:119)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1205)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:522)
at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(UnmarshallerImpl.java:200)
... 56 more

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:11 pm 

Also, I want to know how can I specify the size of the string, integer and also the size of the List in the validation xml file.

Please let me know about it.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:30 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

As it seems your XML mapping file doesn't adhere to the XML schema as defined by the Bean Validation spec (see http://beanvalidation.org/1.0/spec/#xml-mapping-xsd). In particular you have to specify the <valid/> element before any <constraint> elements within <field> and <getter>.

To specify attribute values of constraints within an XML mapping, use the <element> element like this:

Code:
<field name="seatCount">
    <constraint annotation="javax.validation.constraints.Size">
        <element name="max">20</element>
    </constraint>
</field>

You might also be interested in the chapter on XML configuration of the Hibernate reference guide (http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/stable/validator/reference/en-US/html/validator-xmlconfiguration.html).

Hth,

--Gunnar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:24 am 

it is always gives success even if the request has missing fields.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]