-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Proposal] Expose rootIndexedEntities for management
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:33 pm 

Hi,

My use case is to retrieve the list of @Indexed entities to then manually rebuild an index. We quite often add new field and we need to rebuild an index for a particular entity. We also sometime import new database/data and need to build the corresponding indexes.

To instantiate a MassIndexer we use the fully qualified name of the @Indexed entity so it's quite helpful to list all the @Indexed entities to save time.

The SearchFactoryBuilder class is already doing the work by building a List of XClass using reflection but I don't see any public method to acces this information.

Do you think that this feature can be useful ? Do you want me to work on an implementation ? If so can you give me some advices on "where" this information should be available ?

Thanks,
Guillaume.

Post subject: Re: [Proposal] Expose rootIndexedEntities for management
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:40 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi Guillaume,

I think your question relates to https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HSEARCH-436. Really we should expose a whole bunch of metadata including indexed entities and fields. This has been on our todo list for a long time so help is very welcome. Using SearchFactoryBuilder and XClass is probably not the way to go though. If you are interested we should discuss the best approach to solve this. Maybe you want join the hibernate-dev mailing list to discuss this. You can also check out http://community.jboss.org/wiki/ContributingtoHibernateSearch for more info about contributing to Hibernate Search.

--Hardy

Post subject: Re: [Proposal] Expose rootIndexedEntities for management
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:47 pm 

Hi Hardy,

Sorry for the late reply.
I think it's a good idea to expose a metadata API and I'm of course interested to help :)

Can you give me some leads on "how to do it properly" ? I will give it a try this week-end.

Guillaume.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]