-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nested @IndexEmbedded with indexNullAs ?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:57 am 

Hi,

I'm trying to index null values of a nested @IndexedEmbedded(indexNullAs = Field.DEFAULT_NULL_TOKEN) @ManyToOne field, in my case its build up as:

Code:
Product.java

@ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY)
@IndexedEmbedded()
private ProductCategory productCategory = null;

ProductCategory.java

@ManyToOne()
@IndexedEmbedded(indexNullAs = Field.DEFAULT_NULL_TOKEN)
private Category category = null;

The products do have a productCategory, but in some cases the productCategory.category values are null.

After reindexing and querying using:

Code:
criteria.must(builder.keyword().onField( "productCategory.category" ).ignoreAnalyzer().matching(org.hibernate.search.annotations.Field.DEFAULT_NULL_TOKEN).createQuery()).createQuery();

No results are returned.

Any hints on what may be wrong, or if this is possible ?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Nested @IndexEmbedded with indexNullAs ?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:10 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

on the first glance your code looks fine. I would use Luke to investigate the index and see if the null token gets added. I also would enable debug trace. This will allow you to see log entries for each Document added. This two things should give you an idea where the problem lies.

--Hardy

Post subject: Re: Nested @IndexEmbedded with indexNullAs ?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:30 pm 

hardy.ferentschik wrote:
Hi,

on the first glance your code looks fine. I would use Luke to investigate the index and see if the null token gets added. I also would enable debug trace. This will allow you to see log entries for each Document added. This two things should give you an idea where the problem lies.

--Hardy

Excellent, didnt knew about Luke yet, thanks. Currently resolved it by filling a dummy string property, but will post any finding resolving it the proper way.

Cheers,
Marius

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]