-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Search results problem
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:24 pm 

Hi,

I have a problem with strange results in my Search. I have User class with indexed name and lastname fields:

Code:
@ManagedBean(name = "userBean")
@Entity
@Table(name = "user_User")
@Indexed
@AnalyzerDef(name = "searchtokenanalyzer", tokenizer = @TokenizerDef(factory = StandardTokenizerFactory.class), filters = {
      @TokenFilterDef(factory = StandardFilterFactory.class),
      @TokenFilterDef(factory = LowerCaseFilterFactory.class),
      @TokenFilterDef(factory = StopFilterFactory.class, params = { @Parameter(name = "ignoreCase", value = "true") }) })
@Analyzer(definition = "searchtokenanalyzer")
public class User extends Node implements Comparable<User> {

private String name;
private String lastname;
private Post currentStatus;

@Column(name = "name", nullable = true)
   @Field
   public String getName() {
      return name;
   }
@Column(name = "lastname", nullable = true)
   @Field
   public String getLastname() {
      return lastname;
   }
@OneToOne
   public Post getCurrentStatus() {
      return currentStatus;
   }

Class Post has OneToOne relation to user, but it doesn't have any indexed field.

Code:
@Entity
@Table(name = "content_Post")
public class Post extends Node {

The method that has to find Users based on their names or lastnames, returns both User and Post instances.

Code:
Session session = persistence.currentManager();
FullTextSession fullTextSession=Search.getFullTextSession(session);
QueryBuilder qBuilder=fullTextSession.getSearchFactory().buildQueryBuilder().forEntity(User.class).get();
Query query=qBuilder.keyword().wildcard().onField("name").andField("lastname").matching(searchString+"*").createQuery();
org.hibernate.Query hibQuery=fullTextSession.createFullTextQuery(query, User.class);
@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
List<User> result=hibQuery.list();

I would expect that only User class instances are returned as result, and I don't have an idea what could be a problem here.
Could you please help me about this?

Post subject: Re: Search results problem
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:14 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

the code looks correct an you are even restricting the search to a given class type (User). It should work. I don't see how your search would return Post instances.

The only thing I am not seeing is how you index everything. Do you have an old index which maybe contains stale data? Or is he problem occurring as part of a unit test (or something like that) using a clean index?

I would try to cut the example down to a minimum (removing analyzers, @Column annotation, etc). Just the required mappings. If you can replicate the problem in this environment and preferably provide a test case I can try to replicate it.

Another idea is to actually inspect the index using Luke (in this case it helps if you also store the actual indexed state via (@Field(store = Store.YES).

--Hardy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:50 am 

Hi Hardy,
hardy.ferentschik wrote:
Hi,
Do you have an old index which maybe contains stale data?
--Hardy

Yes. It seems that this was the problem. I can't reproduce it as soon as I deleted index files.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:58 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Good :-)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]