-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Where is MethodValidator in Hibernate Validator 5.0.0.Final?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:18 am 

Dear All,

I'm trying to evaluate the Hibernate Validator 5.0.0.Final with Seam Validation 3.1.0.Final. I've found that the Seam Validation cannot be started as the following exception: -

Code:
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/validator/method/MethodValidator
   at org.jboss.seam.validation.ValidationExtension$3.getBeanClass(ValidationExtension.java:270)

I'm looking at the Hibernate Validator 5.0.0.Final jar file and cannot find the MethodValidator.class as well. Regarding to the formal document for version 5.0.0.Final, it still mentions about the MethodValidator and Seam Validation project. I'm not sure which way I should move on. Could you please help to advise further? Thank you very much for your help in advance. I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Post subject: Re: Where is MethodValidator in Hibernate Validator 5.0.0.Final?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:48 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

MethodValidator was a HV-specific API in HV 4.x and has been rendered obsolete by javax.validation.executable.ExecutableValidator in Bean Validation 1.1 and thus doesn't exist anymore in HV 5.x.

That said, Seam Validation works with HV 4.x only and is also not further developed. Instead HV itself ships with a CDI portable extension which basically does the same things (method validation etc.). See the readme.md files for its Maven coordinates.

Concerning the docs, we currently in the process of updating them and soon will have covered the new APIs.

Thanks for your feedback, please let us know when you need any further help.

--Gunnar

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]