-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: chosen transaction strategy requires JTA TransactionManager
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:13 pm 

I am totaly new to Hibernate and stuck on this problem.

I want to create an extended EntityManager (J2SE). I get the following exception. I am clueless why it wants a JTA TransactionManager, I thought that JDBC is default.

javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.HibernateException: The chosen transaction strategy requires access to the JTA TransactionManager
at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.createEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:196)
at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:114)
at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:37)
at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:27)
at com.siemens.smarthome.AquireEntityManager.setUp(AquireEntityManager.java:12)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:125)
at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:478)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:344)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)
Caused by: org.hibernate.HibernateException: The chosen transaction strategy requires access to the JTA TransactionManager
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:326)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1213)
at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:522)
at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.createEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:650)
at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.createFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:134)
at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.createEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:188)
... 14 more

persistence.xml
Code:
<persistence>
    <persistence-unit name="smarthome">
        <provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>
        <properties>
             <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="update"/>
            <property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect"/>

<property name="hibernate.max_fetch_depth" value="4"/>
       <property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class" value="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"/>
       <property name="hibernate.connection.username" value="sa"/>
       <property name="hibernate.connection.password" value=""/>
       <property name="hibernate.connection.url" value="jdbc:hsqldb:mem:aname"/>
       <property name="hibernate.cache.provider_class" value="org.hibernate.cache.NoCacheProvider"/>

<!-- JDBC connection pool (use the built-in) -->
        <property name="connection.pool_size">1</property>

<!-- Enable Hibernate's automatic session context management -->
        <property name="current_session_context_class">thread</property>

<!-- Echo all executed SQL to stdout -->
        <property name="show_sql">true</property>

<!-- Drop and re-create the database schema on startup -->
        <property name="hbm2ddl.auto">create</property>
<property name="transaction.factory_class">org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransactionFactory</property>

</properties>
    </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

Code to create EM.
Code:

EntityManagerFactory emf = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("smarthome");

EntityManager em = emf.createEntityManager();

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:42 am 

The answer to this problem was in second chapter of documentation. I fill stupid now, I can't belive I missed it yesterday.

Some exerpts:

The entity manager type (JTA or resource-local) is defined at configuration time, when setting up the entity manager factory.

The configuration for entity managers both inside an application server and in a standalone application reside in a persistence archive. A persistence archive is a JAR file which must define a persistence.xml file that resides in the META-INF folder.

Transaction type is chosen in transaction-type attribute of persistence-unit element. Either JTA or RESOURCE_LOCAL (default JTA).
Code:
<persistence-unit name="smarthome" transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL">

Post subject: Re: chosen transaction strategy requires JTA TransactionManager
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:31 am 

hi friend i think you got solution for this issue
Quote:
"chosen transaction strategy requires JTA TransactionManager"

I am also facing the same problem i created anew thread for this could you see that and help me
Quote:
https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1008248

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:00 am 

Hi,

You should add a new property in the persistence.xml file

If you are using JBoss:

<property name="hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class" value="org.hibernate.transaction.JBossTransactionManagerLookup"/>

otherwhise you can use this one :

<property name="hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class" value="com.atomikos.icatch.jta.hibernate3.TransactionManagerLookup"/>

Hope it helps you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:02 am 

Code:

<!-- persistence.xml file -->
<property name="hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class" value="com.atomikos.icatch.jta.hibernate3.TransactionManagerLookup"/>

<!-- Jboss -->
<property name="hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class" value="org.hibernate.transaction.JBossTransactionManagerLookup"/>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]