-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate Search engine in AS7
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:31 pm 

I'm using the Hibernate Search engine as a Lucene clustering utility layer within within a library, and I'm creating an AS7 subsystem for that library. Unfortunately, I cannot specify an analyzer class without a ClassNotFoundException, because the ConfigContext class is using org.hibernate.annotation.common.util.ReflectionHelper, which in AS7's module system cannot see anything but the 'org.hibernate' module's classes (such as even Lucene's standard analyzer class).

Specifically, this is part of the exception stack trace:

Code:
Caused by: org.hibernate.search.SearchException: Analyzer found with an unknown definition: org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer
   at org.hibernate.search.impl.ConfigContext.initLazyAnalyzers(ConfigContext.java:252)
   at org.hibernate.search.spi.SearchFactoryBuilder.initDocumentBuilders(SearchFactoryBuilder.java:434)
   at org.hibernate.search.spi.SearchFactoryBuilder.buildNewSearchFactory(SearchFactoryBuilder.java:221)
   at org.hibernate.search.spi.SearchFactoryBuilder.buildSearchFactory(SearchFactoryBuilder.java:145)

This error is occurring because I'm specifying a "hibernate.search.analyzer" property with value of "org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer". (Yes, I know that's the default, but specifying the default in this way does showcase the problem.) Then during initialization, the ConfigContext.initAnalyzer method is called and uses Hibernate's ReflectionHelper class to try to load the analyzer class (see the code). The ReflectionHelper uses the Thread context class loader to try to find the class or (if that fails) the class's class loader; neither of these work in AS7's module system, unless the JARs with the analyzer are defined within the "org.hibernate" module.

Is there already an AS7-compatible mechanism in place to change how Hibernate Search attempts to load the analyzer class(es)?

Is anyone working on an AS7 subsystem for Hibernate Search? If not, is there a recommended module structure to allow other subsystems to reuse just the Hibernate Search engine bits?

Thanks very much in advance!

Post subject: Re: Hibernate Search engine in AS7
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:06 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi Randall,
I'm aware that our testing on AS7 as a module has been too limited. Ales Justin is also using Search (via Infinispan Query) as a module and had many classloading issues. Most were fixed very recently, I guess the Analyzer is not something he used.

We don't have a module for AS7 as the way we expect people to use it is to bundle it in the application itself; we definitely need to improve on this. Could you please open a JIRA? I will deal with these issues asap; undertunately I guess you might find other similar problems as it has never been a module and classloading of user extensions wasn't tested this way.

Post subject: Re: Hibernate Search engine in AS7
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:51 am 

Thanks, Sanne. I've logged HSEARCH-1115.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]