-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Conditional refresh of master and slave
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:28 pm 
Regular
Regular

Hi,

I am constrained not to use JMS so I am deploying 2 war files where

war1 --> will act as master
war2 --> will act as slave.

The refresh property is set as :
<property name="hibernate.search.default.refresh" value="1800" />

This is working fine however the refresh needs to be not just interval based but also needs certain logic . I want to customize the way refresh works, rather control and decide when to refresh and when not to.

Any inputs will be greatly helpful.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Conditional refresh of master and slave
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:38 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,
is "war2" never going to need to make writes to the index?

In that case, since I'm understanding both applications are running in the same operating system, they could both share a same index: just make sure the path they use to store the index is the same, and that neither application uses NRT: they will share the index all the time.

If you don't actually want them to share the index, you could plug in your own DirectoryProvider, or your own ReaderProvider, or even your own IndexManager.. depending on what you want to achieve.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]