-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Need help indexing a map property queried by map key
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:53 am 

In my domain model a "Product" object has a "Map<String, ProductDescription> descriptions" property which stores localized product descriptions.
The key of the map is the iso3 language code.
The value of the map is an instance of ProductDescription which holds a "localeCode" String field (same as the iso3 map key above) and a "value" String field.
So for example myProduct.getDescriptions().get("eng").getValue() returns the english description of the product.

I need to be able to query product descriptions in the language of the user.

My first attempt used @IndexedEmbedded on the "descriptions" field of Product, and @Field on the "localeCode" and "value" fields of ProductDescription.
This worked almost fine, because I could query for a product by using the "descriptions.localeCode" and "descriptions.value" fields.
The problem was that I couldn't query for a specific localeCode-value couple, so I ended up with Products matching a description in the wrong language.

My last attempt is using a FieldBridge to convert the "descriptions" field to a fileld that contains the localeCode in the name, so I get the fields "descriptions.eng", "descriptions.ita" etc.
Everything looks fine through Luke, but when I query for "descriptions.eng" I get a SearchException: "Unable to find field descriptions.eng in com.my.entity.Product".

I'm using Hibernate Search 3.4.2.Final on Hibernate Core 3.6.0 and Lucene Core 3.1.0

Is there a way to achieve my goal?

Some simplified code snippets
Code:
@Indexed
@Entity
public class Product {
   @Field
   @FieldBridge(impl = ProductDescriptionMapBridge.class)
   @OneToMany(cascade=CascadeType.ALL, orphanRemoval=true)
   @JoinColumn(name="Product_id")
   @MapKey(name="localeCode")
   protected Map<String, ProductDescription> getDescriptions() {
      return descriptions;
   }
}

@Entity
public class ProductDescription {
   public String getLocaleCode() {
      return localeCode; // iso3 language code
   }

public String getValue() {
      return value; // localized description
   }
}

public class ProductDescriptionMapBridge implements FieldBridge {
   public void set(String fieldName, Object fieldValue, Document document, LuceneOptions luceneOptions) {
         Map<String, ProductDescription> productDescriptionMap = (Map<String, ProductDescription>) fieldValue;
         for (String localeCode : productDescriptionMap.keySet()) {
            luceneOptions.addFieldToDocument(
                  fieldName + "." + localeCode,
                  productDescriptionMap.get(localeCode).getValue(),
                  document);
         }
   }
}

The query:

Code:
         Transaction tx = fullTextSession.beginTransaction();
         QueryBuilder queryBuilder = fullTextSession.getSearchFactory().buildQueryBuilder().forEntity(Product.class).get();
         org.apache.lucene.search.Query query = queryBuilder.keyword()
               .onFields("descriptions.eng")
               .matching("quick brown fox")
               .createQuery();
         org.hibernate.Query hibQuery = fullTextSession.createFullTextQuery(query, Product.class);
         result = hibQuery.list();         
         tx.commit();

The exception:

Code:
org.hibernate.search.SearchException: Unable to find field descriptions.eng in com.my.entity.Product
   at org.hibernate.search.engine.DocumentBuilderIndexedEntity.objectToString(DocumentBuilderIndexedEntity.java:688) ~[hibernate-search-3.4.2.Final.jar:3.4.2.Final]
   at org.hibernate.search.query.dsl.impl.ConnectedMultiFieldsTermQueryBuilder.buildSearchTerm(ConnectedMultiFieldsTermQueryBuilder.java:138) ~[hibernate-search-3.4.2.Final.jar:3.4.2.Final]
   at org.hibernate.search.query.dsl.impl.ConnectedMultiFieldsTermQueryBuilder.createQuery(ConnectedMultiFieldsTermQueryBuilder.java:92) ~[hibernate-search-3.4.2.Final.jar:3.4.2.Final]
   at org.hibernate.search.query.dsl.impl.ConnectedMultiFieldsTermQueryBuilder.createQuery(ConnectedMultiFieldsTermQueryBuilder.java:73) ~[hibernate-search-3.4.2.Final.jar:3.4.2.Final]
   at com.my.cms.action.admin.SearchAction.test(SearchAction.java:61) ~[SearchAction.class:na]

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Need help indexing a map property queried by map key
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:33 am 

A luky search pointed me to this post that seems to solve the problem:

https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1008943

If I use

.onFields("descriptions.eng").ignoreFieldBridge()

in the query, the exception disappears and all is (almost) fine.

The problem I have now is that the index is not updated when the description value is modified, and using "@ContainedIn" as for embedded indexes doesn't do the trick... but I guess I'll open another topic for that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]