-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: NoClassDefFound SessionFactoryImplementor using sharding API
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:30 pm 

I'm new to hibernate so I may be completely missing something...

I'm using hibernate-release-4.1.1.Final and I'm trying out the sharding capability using hibernate-shards-3.0.0.Beta2

When I run my code I get

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/engine/SessionFactoryImplementor
at org.hibernate.shards.ShardedConfiguration.buildSessionFactory(ShardedConfiguration.java:251)
at org.hibernate.shards.ShardedConfiguration.buildShardedSessionFactory(ShardedConfiguration.java:177)

I can't find that class in any of the libraries in any of the jars supplied with either the core release or the shard release.
I can find org.hibernate.engine.spi.SessionFactoryImplementor... but that doesn't do me any good.

Is there something different I should be using other than the Hibernate Shards? Do I simply have an old release?

Thanks,
-Jon

Post subject: Re: NoClassDefFound SessionFactoryImplementor using sharding API
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:35 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi Jon,
I'm sorry but Hibernate Shards has not been updated since long.

If you're looking for multitenancy, that's now integrated in Hibernate ORM since v.4

If you really want Shards, then you'll have to use an older version of Hibernate.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:43 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

This is a backup of what used to be on the frontpage of Hibernate.org:

https://community.jboss.org/wiki/Hibern ... lityMatrix

This matrix is not used anymore since the projects embed metadata about their intended dependencies (such as the Maven pom.xml), but to use such old versions you might need it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:07 am 

Thanks for the response. I guessed that might be the case since I saw the latest release was from 2007, and downloads so dramatically fell off after 2009. I can see how the multitenancy could fit some of our needs, but I don't think all. I'll have to give it more thought.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]