-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate Search snapshot maven problem
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:31 am 
Pro
Pro

Hi,

I'm trying to use a Hibernate Search Snapshot but I keep getting a "problem downloading hibernate-search-parent" because the snapshot poms all reference a non-existing parent pom for hibernate-search-parent. The reference is correct for the github project but not the maven repository.
I've tried excluding the parent but that doesn't help. Any suggestions on how I might ignore the parent reference?

Cheers,
Marc

Post subject: Re: Hibernate Search snapshot maven problem
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:37 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi Marc,
I'm not sure, I think you need the parent as it defines some versions / properties imported by the other modules.
Keep in mind we don't deploy snapshots that often, so this might be a broken old version, it certainly is older than latest released CR2.

Since you've been hacking a bit on the sources already, I guess the safest is always to checkout the sources and build it yourself ;-)

Anyway, I'm uploading a new snapshot right now, so maybe try again in an hour..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:47 am 
Pro
Pro

Thanks. Yeah, I know I don't need the parent but since the parent pom is referenced as "parent" as opposed to as a dependence, it can't be excluded. What I think our deployment tool should do is "roll up" the parent pom into each module pom, or remove the parent pom reference all together.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:35 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

actually I wrote "I think you need the parent "..

Anyway I had deployed a new snapshot, did it change anything?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]