-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Master Slave configuration in same WAR?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:12 pm 
Regular
Regular

Hi ,

I have tried the Master Slave without using JMS and it works well. However for that I needed to have two different JVMs in the same box and have the war file deployed separately, one as a master in JVM1 and other as a slave in JVM2.

Wondering if its possible to have just one persistence file where I can specify both the master and slave. Actually I will be deploying finally in cloud so I need to have a solution where master and slave can work on the same JVM.

JMS is ruled out already...

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Master Slave configuration in same WAR?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:24 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

you'll have to configure the two differently somehow.
If you require them to have the same persistence.xml file, you can have a separate hibernate.properties containing additional elements, or just define environment variables.

For the case of "same VM", why would you use Master/Slave ?

BTW I'm working on an alternative to Master/Slave: an "auto" setting but it's meant for the JGroups backend only, which happens to work nicely on clouds as well. This might show up in the next release as experimental.

As an easy alternative you could share indexes though the Infinispan module.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]