-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: JSR-303 file locations
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:51 pm 

I am using XML configuration of Hibernate Validator. I figured out that the validation.xml has to be in a META-INF directory (by the way, your documentation says "If this file exists in the classpath its configuration will be applied", which is not true - if it isn't in a META-INF subdirectory off the classpath, it won't be found, which is right according to the spec).

However, I'm trying to refer to other configuration files and the Validator is failing. My physical setup is:

WEB-INF
|
|---classes
|
|---META-INF
|---validation.xml
|---SystemProperty-constraints.xml

In validation.xml, I am using:

<validation-config xmlns="http://jboss.org/xml/ns/javax/validation/configuration"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://jboss.org/xml/ns/javax/validation/configuration">
<constraint-mapping>META-INF/SystemProperty-constraints.xml</constraint-mapping>
</validation-config>

I have tried:

SystemProperty-constraints.xml
/SystemProperty-constraints.xml
META-INF/SystemProperty-constraints.xml
/META-INF/SystemProperty-constraints.xml
WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/SystemProperty-constraints.xml

all to no avail. I get the same error each time:

Caused by: javax.validation.ValidationException: Unable to open input stream for mapping file META-INF/SystemProperty-constraints.xml.
at org.hibernate.validator.xml.ValidationXmlParser.setMappingStreamsFromXml(ValidationXmlParser.java:118)
at org.hibernate.validator.xml.ValidationXmlParser.parseValidationXml(ValidationXmlParser.java:67)
at org.hibernate.validator.engine.ConfigurationImpl.parseValidationXml(ConfigurationImpl.java:261)
at org.hibernate.validator.engine.ConfigurationImpl.buildValidatorFactory(ConfigurationImpl.java:148)
at org.springframework.validation.beanvalidation.LocalValidatorFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(LocalValidatorFactoryBean.java:219)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1477)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1417)
... 20 more

I'm using Tomcat 7.0.11 with an exploded WAR file and Java 6.

Anyone have any ideas about what I am missing? Does this simply not work?

Best wishes to everyone and thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give me.

Post subject: Re: JSR-303 file locations
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:53 pm 

I see I entered the details wrong about the physical location:

Code:
WEB-INF
|
|---classes
      |
      |---META-INF
            |---validation.xml
            |---SystemProperty-constraints.xml

Wasn't quite sure how to use the "Code" button.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]