-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Slave configuration with no Local index copy
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:29 pm 

Hi,

I have the following use case:

1) Node A:
a) Master
b) Only creates Indexes

2) Node B:
a) Slave
b) Searches on Local copy
c) Creates and Updates Indexes using JMS backend(Queued to the Master)

3) Node C:
a) Slave
b) Creates and Updates Indexes using JMS backend(Queued to the Master)

Since node C has no searching capability, I was thinking if its possible not to have a local copy of index or Node C. Will the below configuration work?

<!-- JMS backend -->
<property name="hibernate.search.worker.backend" value="jms" />
<property name="hibernate.search.worker.jms.connection_factory" value="/ConnectionFactory" />
<property name="hibernate.search.worker.jms.queue" value="queue/hibernatesearch" />

Note: I have removed all the Directory provider setting.

Will this ensure that no local copy will be created for Node C but all the index changes with be queued to the Master?

Regards
Arnab

Post subject: Re: Slave configuration with no Local index copy
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:17 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

my guess is that the file system based directory is used with its default settings. Have you checked whether an index directory is created somewhere relative to where you start the java process from? The index will never receive updates, but I think the initial files will be created.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:13 pm 

Hi Hardy,

Thanks for your response. I will check that out whether the directories are created or not.

I have one more doubt. Will this hybrid kind of slave configuration cause any problem in queuing of JMS messages for the Index updates?

Regards
Arnab

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:10 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Quote:
I have one more doubt. Will this hybrid kind of slave configuration cause any problem in queuing of JMS messages for the Index updates?

I cannot see the problem. One of the slaves just sends updates, but never executes searches. That's fine.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]