-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to determine EntityManager in ConstraintValidator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:57 am 

I am working on a project based amongst others on Weblogic AS / JPA-Hibernate + Hibernate Validator. Unit tests occur by means of embedded glassfish

In order to create database-driven Constraint Validators, I made an 'EntityManagerAwareConstraintValidatorFactory' similar to your SessionAwareConstraintValidatorFactory mentioned at 'http://community.jboss.org/wiki/AccessingTheHibernateSessionWithinAConstraintValidator'.

A getInstance() method is used because at one point I noticed that there were 2 ConstraintValidatorFactories created (when inside GFEmbedded):
Code:
                private EntityManager entityManager;
                private static  EntityManagerAwareConstraintValidatorFactory instance;
                public static EntityManagerAwareConstraintValidatorFactory getInstance()
                {
                               return instance;
                }

public EntityManagerAwareConstraintValidatorFactory() {
                instance = this;
    }

I need to 'inject' the EntityManager into this factory.

For Unit tests outside of the container this is quite easy:
Code:
        entityManagerFactory = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory( "MasterDataLookupPULocal" );
        entityManager = entityManagerFactory.createEntityManager();

EntityManagerAwareConstraintValidatorFactory.getInstance().setEntityManager(entityManager);

For Unit tests in the Embedded Glassfish, it is more complex. One cannot lookup the EM through JNDI lookup, as embedded-GF does not store it overthere.

So in the Unit test we need to write something like:
Code:
        Map<String, Object> props = new HashMap<String, Object>();
        props.put( EJBContainer.APP_NAME, MODULE_NAME );

ejbContainer = EJBContainer.createEJBContainer( props );
        context = ejbContainer.getContext();

EntityManagerAwareConstraintValidatorFactory.getInstance().setEntityManager( ????em???? );

But I have no idea how to determine an entitymanager in a unit test where I just created the EJB container...

Can you help me further?

Regards,

Luc

Post subject: Re: How to determine EntityManager in ConstraintValidator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:59 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

this seems to be a Glassfish specific question. Have you tried to ask your question on the Glassfish forum/mailinglist? I am not aware of a way of doing this, but if you find out make sure to update this thread.

--Hardy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]