-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Filtering on a entity with a collection containing enum
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:06 pm 

Hello,

I have hibernate search working perfect in that it indexes everything and I can find all I require to.

I now wish to add some filters to the query / overall results such that I remove the items which are not applicable.

Entity1
Code:
@ElementCollection(targetClass = Type.class, fetch = FetchType.EAGER)
@Enumerated(EnumType.STRING)
private Set<Type> types = new HashSet<Type>();

Code:
FullTextQuery fq = fullTextEntityManager.createFullTextQuery(query, Entity1.class, Entity2.class, Entity3.class, Entity4.class);

I've read a bit about adding filters using
Code:
fq.enableFullTextFilter(arg0)

But haven't seen much in how I define my filter in the entity such that I can pass in a Type value and only get search results for that type.

Does anyone have any pointers please?

Chris

Post subject: Re: Filtering on a entity with a collection containing enum
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:09 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

have you looked at FulltextFilderDef and the security filter example - http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/stable/ ... ery-filter ?

You pass a parameter to the filter when you enable it:

Code:
fullTextQuery = s.createFullTextQuery( query, Driver.class );
fullTextQuery.enableFullTextFilter("security").setParameter( "level", 5 );

Also notice that there is no support for @ElementCollection yet. It is in the making though - https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HSEARCH-566
For now you need to write a custom bridge to index your element collection in case it plays a role in your filtering.

Hope this helps,
Hardy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]