-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: how to configure jboss 5.1 with hibernate search 3.4?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:37 pm 
Regular
Regular

Hi,

I would like to use the last version of hibernate search 3.4 and it includes a diferent new version of hibernate-core. Well, the application deploys but at some moment i get errors from the hibernate-core.

I tried to configure my ear and my war to not use the jar of jboss but i don't know if i am doing well....I am using JPA 2 too and i saw in the forums that it was a little bit complicated to make work jpa2 in jboss 5.1...

I created a jboss-classloading.xml in my META-INF ear and war but i don't know the exactly configuration...I saw this post
http://phytodata.wordpress.com/2010/10/ ... -xml-file/

thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: how to configure jboss 5.1 with hibernate search 3.4?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:59 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

I am not a JBoss 5 classloading expert, but the blog post you are mentioning looks promising. I would try to bundle all JPA/Hibernate related libraries into the ear/war and try a setup as described in the blog.
How far did you get? What is the problem?

--Hardy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:18 am 
Regular
Regular

I am still trying to configure it but i don't know if this is going to work...

any news i'll let you know..

thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:41 pm 
Regular
Regular

I went thru the same experience in trying to use HS 3.4 with JBoss 5.1. I tried all possible ways but it work fine till deployment but execution would fail at run time. The real issue is because JBoss 5.1 uses Hibernate 3.1 as its core while HS 3.4 needs Hibernate Core 3.5 + . I tried to override the classloader and ensure the JBoss uses my version of Hibernate core 3.6 but without success. The exception always hinted at a NoSuchMethod which was actually referring to Hibernate Core 3.1

Finally I moved out of JBoss 5.1 and switched to JBoss 6.1. I find JBoss 5.1 having lot of bugs example you cannot share the same Persistence Unit across multiple WARs in JBoss 5.1.

In case JBoss5.1 is the only option for you, I would recommend using Hibernate Search 3.1/3.2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:24 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Unfortunately this seems consistent w/ what I heard from other users. You are definitely better of w/ JBoss 6 or even 7.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:00 am 
Regular
Regular

You are right, i changed to AS 6...it was so complicated and any of the ideas that i saw in the web did not work in jboss 5.1....

maybe i think about changing to 7...what do you think about that?

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:06 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

if it would be my choice I would pick AS 7. The new app server is better on many levels - true modular class loading, much easier to configure/understand, blazing startup times and last but not least easy to test using Arquillian.

If you get to choose I would go for AS 7 atm.

--Hardy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]