-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: determine which annotation throw the message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:17 am 

Hi,

I'm working with the Hibernate Validator 4.1 in a JavaEE application (ICEfaces, Hibernate core, EJB3 etc.)

I determine if a property is valid or not with the following code:
Code:
@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
ClassValidator classValidator = new ClassValidator(validatedBean.getClass());
@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
InvalidValue[] validationMessages = classValidator.getInvalidValues(validatedBean, validatedProperty);

But I want to determine which annotation threw the error message if there are more than one annotation for the same property.
Is this possible? And how?

Many thanks

Post subject: Re: determine which annotation throw the message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:51 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

According to the types in your example it seems like you're actually using Hibernate Validator 3.x.

This is the legacy version, you should definitely use HV 4.x nowadays, which is the reference implementation of JSR 303 ("Bean Validation"). Best is to start with HV 4.2 which happens to be released today :-)

Using HV 4.x and Bean Validation you would find out the invalid annotation like this:

Code:
Validator validator = Validation.buildDefaultValidatorFactory().getValidator();
Set<ConstraintViolation<MyBean>> violations = validator.validate(new MyBean());
Class<? extends Annotation> annotationType = violations.iterator().next().getConstraintDescriptor().getAnnotation().annotationType();

Hth, Gunnar

Post subject: Re: determine which annotation throw the message
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:21 am 

Hi Gunnar,

Thank you for your prompt answer. I saw that I made a mistake saying that I'm using version 4.1 and instead I'm using Hibernate Validator version 3.1. I'm stick with this version because the production server for my application is WebSphere Application Server 6.1. And I was not able to use the Hibernate core v3.5 with WAS6.1 and for this reason I downgraded to Hibernate Core 3.3 and Hibernate Validator 3.1.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]