-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: hibernate search 3.4.0 RC2 issue (null pointer when index)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:32 am 
Beginner
Beginner

hi,

i just upgrade lucene 3.0.3, hibernate 3.6.3/3.6.2 final (both not work) and hibernate search 3.3.0 final to the latest 3.4.0 RC2.

without any code change, i assume it can run without any problem.

however, when my code update an entity with collection (@indexEmbedded) it throws NullPointerException:

Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException
   org.hibernate.search.event.FullTextIndexEventListener.processCollectionEvent(FullTextIndexEventListener.java:242)
   org.hibernate.search.event.FullTextIndexEventListener.onPostRemoveCollection(FullTextIndexEventListener.java:226)
   org.hibernate.action.CollectionRemoveAction.postRemove(CollectionRemoveAction.java:146)
   org.hibernate.action.CollectionRemoveAction.execute(CollectionRemoveAction.java:119)
   org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.execute(ActionQueue.java:273)
   org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:265)
   org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:186)
   org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.performExecutions(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:321)
   org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultFlushEventListener.onFlush(DefaultFlushEventListener.java:51)
   org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:1216)
   org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.managedFlush(SessionImpl.java:383)
   org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction.commit(JDBCTransaction.java:133)
   org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTransactionManager.doCommit(HibernateTransactionManager.java:656)
   org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.processCommit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:754)
   org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.commit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:723)
   org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.commitTransactionAfterReturning(TransactionAspectSupport.java:393)
   org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:120)
   org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
   org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
   org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
   org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
   $Proxy38.update(Unknown Source)
..... //other code omit

I using debugger to trace, it find out that is cause by the event object, when event object pass to onPostRemoveCollection method, the event object's collection is null, hence when running processCollectionEvent (line 242 event.getCollection() ) it throw null pointer exception.

my object is something like this :

Object A {
@indexEmbedded
ObjectB B = ...
}

Object B {
Set<ObjectC> set..
}

is that a bug, or do i missing some configuration setting (my configuration is not changing, still using same as 3.3.0)

any idea ?

kiwi

Post subject: Re: hibernate search 3.4.0 RC2 issue (null pointer when index)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:24 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Did you upgrade lucene to 3.1.0 ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:02 am 
Beginner
Beginner

yes. i think can;t run if u not using lucene 3.1.

i think the problem occurs before lucene index the field (HS can;t find the collection in the event object since it is null).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:03 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi kiwionly.
thank you for the report, that's indeed a bug; just in time to be fixed before the release today (I hope still on time..).

and also, Elmer is right with this version you have to update Lucene to 3.1 as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:34 am 
Beginner
Beginner

ok cool ! then i wait for new release instead :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:55 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Should be solved:
http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/HibernateSearch34FacetingPerfAndMore

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]