-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Annotation binding for dynamic model
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:32 am 

Hi all,

would it make sense to support annotations for dynamic models?

In my case it would be helpful in defining persistency properties for an EMF model. I can imagine it could be useful also for persisting objects defined by mean of an XSD (the annotations could be encoded within the XSD).

In such case probably one could generalize AnnotationBinder so that, instead of using java reflective api, it could use an API built up on interfaces that could be implemented on top of reflective api or on top of other representations of such information (class and property definitions and their associated annotations).

Moreover, I think, that such separation would be useful also in reusing the AnnotationBinder to process EJB3 XML descriptor.

If the proposal makes sense to the authors, I could try to investigate the exact extent of the refactoring and possibly to supply a patch.

Thank you very much,

Davide Marchignoli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:42 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I'm not fully bought to that idea esp because a full abstraction of reflection is very complex esp because of generics

Post subject: Re: Annotation binding for dynamic model
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:41 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I am bought to the idea. If something can be done with XML configuration, why shouldn't it possible to do it with annotations? I thought that the feature-set of configuring with XML and annotations can be the same.
More specifically I'm thinking of an annotation which corresponds to the "dynamic-component" hibernate mapping XML tag.
Please also see my topic:
https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1009680

Post subject: Re: Annotation binding for dynamic model
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:50 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Give it a shot and push a pull request on GitHub: https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-core/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]