-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Querying with Filters
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:29 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I have the following three entities described below. I want to be able to query my transaction entity and apply a filter to my text collection inside item so that the texts are locale specific based on the current user's session. How can I do this?

Code:
@Entity
public class Transaction {
  @ManyToOne(fetch=FetchType.EAGER)
  @JoinColumns({@JoinColumn(name="item_id",insertable=false,updatable=false),@JoinColumn(name="pid",insertable=false,updatable=false)})
  public Item getItem() { return this.item }
  public void setItem(Item item) { this.item = item; }
}

@Entity
public class Item {
  @OneToMany(fetch=FetchType.LAZY,mappedBy="item")
  public List<ItemText> getTexts() { return this.texts; }
  public void setTexts(List<ItemText> texts) { this.texts = texts; }
}

@Entity
public class ItemText {
  @Column(name="language_code",length=10)
  public String getLanguageCode() { return this.languageCode; }
  public void setLanguageCode(String languageCode) { this.languageCode = languageCode; }
}

If I were to place the necessary filter annotations on my ItemText object, I cannot enable this filter because my query is actually being applied against my Transaction class using session.createCriteria(Transaction.class).

Any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Querying with Filters
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:15 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I don't think you are on the right forum. This forum is about Hibernate Search and Validator. Unless of course I misunderstand your question.
By the way, when it comes to criteria queries you can easily navigating associations using additional createCriteria() calls - session.createCriteria(Transaction.class).createCriteria("item").createCriteria("texts"). Something like this. Have a look at the online documentation for Hibernate Core.

--Hardy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]