-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: What Hibernate Search version to use with Apache Solr filter
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:44 am 

Hi everybody,

I use Hibernate Core 3.6.0 Final and Hibernate Search 3.3.2 Beta2 (powerful products !)
It seems they are not compatible with Apache Solr analysers and filters.
I got the error :
Code:
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method org.apache.lucene.analysis.Tokenizer.<init>(Ljava/io/Reader;)V from class org.apache.solr.analysis.StandardTokenizerFactory)

Can someone tell me what version of Hibernate Core and Search must I use with Apache Solr ?

Thanks for your help
and have a nice day

Jacques

Post subject: Re: What Hibernate Search version to use with Apache Solr filter
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:18 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hello Jacques,
sorry we likely didn't warn clearly enough about this: latest Solr version is still incompatible with Lucene 3; we've been waiting for a long time for a release, but people actually wanted to use Lucene 3 since it's release many months ago so we couldn't wait further.
As we couldn't get any release date estimate from the Solr team, we backported from the Solr trunk the compatibility patches and applied them to the stable branch.

So now you shouldn't use any official Apache Solr release but use the new hibernate-search-analyzers package, which contains this special edition of Solr. We didn't change any package name, and all changes are kept to the minimum possible: so it's very similar to latest Solr, just compatible so that people can avoid the problem you just reported.

Code:
        <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
        <artifactId>hibernate-search-analyzers</artifactId>

I see there's no explanation of this on the documentation - we hoped up to last second to be able to remove this device; opening a JIRA for proper documentation.

Post subject: Re: What Hibernate Search version to use with Apache Solr filter
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:53 am 

Hello Sanne,

Thank you for your reply, it helps me.
I think it's a good idea to explain this solution in documentation.
Anyway, I will now to use only hibernate-search-analyzers package.

Have a nice day !
Jacques

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]