-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Programmatic mapping not working
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:04 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I'm using this simple mapping:

Code:
mapping.entity(MyEntity.class).indexed().indexName("myentity-index")

.property("name", ElementType.FIELD).field().index(Index.TOKENIZED).store(Store.YES);

and I get the error "Error in programmatic mapping. Method finalize is not a property getter"

Oddly enough, when I add a "name" to the field like this:

Code:
mapping.entity(MyEntity.class).indexed().indexName("myentity-index")

.property("name", ElementType.FIELD).field().name("my-name").index(Index.TOKENIZED).store(Store.YES);

I get a similar error, with an entirely different field:

"Error in programmatic mapping. Method setId is not a property getter"

I'm not sure what to make of the inconsistent error messages. Note that I've explicitly tried to configure the documentId but I get an error stating there are two documentIds. Presumably, it is using the Hibernate @Id annotation to figure out the documentId.

Post subject: Re: Programmatic mapping not working
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:48 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Can you post the full mapping together with the full stacktrace? Which version of Search are you using?

--Hardy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:01 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Sure, the full mapping is in my original post. It's as simple as that. I'm using v3.2.1.Final. I'm also using Seam and attaching the mapping by using the @Factory annotation in a factory class.

Here is the stacktrace:

Code:
Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: [PersistenceUnit: registryDatabase] Unable to build EntityManagerFactory
   at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:900)
   at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:57)
   at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:48)
   at org.jboss.seam.persistence.EntityManagerFactory.createEntityManagerFactory(EntityManagerFactory.java:85)
   at org.jboss.seam.persistence.EntityManagerFactory.startup(EntityManagerFactory.java:50)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
   at org.jboss.seam.util.Reflections.invoke(Reflections.java:22)
   at org.jboss.seam.util.Reflections.invokeAndWrap(Reflections.java:144)
   at org.jboss.seam.Component.callComponentMethod(Component.java:2257)
   at org.jboss.seam.Component.callCreateMethod(Component.java:2172)
   at org.jboss.seam.Component.newInstance(Component.java:2132)
   ... 67 more
Caused by: org.hibernate.HibernateException: could not init listeners
   at org.hibernate.event.EventListeners.initializeListeners(EventListeners.java:205)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.getInitializedEventListeners(Configuration.java:1396)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1385)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.buildSessionFactory(AnnotationConfiguration.java:954)
   at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:891)
   ... 80 more
Caused by: org.hibernate.search.SearchException: Error in programmatic mapping. Method finalize is not a property getter
   at org.hibernate.search.impl.MappingModelMetadataProvider$MappingModelAnnotationReader.<init>(MappingModelMetadataProvider.java:272)
   at org.hibernate.search.impl.MappingModelMetadataProvider.getAnnotationReader(MappingModelMetadataProvider.java:119)
   at org.hibernate.annotations.common.reflection.java.JavaReflectionManager.buildAnnotationReader(JavaReflectionManager.java:222)
   at org.hibernate.annotations.common.reflection.java.JavaXAnnotatedElement.getAnnotationReader(JavaXAnnotatedElement.java:52)
   at org.hibernate.annotations.common.reflection.java.JavaXAnnotatedElement.getAnnotations(JavaXAnnotatedElement.java:64)
   at org.hibernate.validator.ClassValidator.createMemberValidator(ClassValidator.java:303)
   at org.hibernate.validator.ClassValidator.initValidator(ClassValidator.java:217)
   at org.hibernate.validator.ClassValidator.<init>(ClassValidator.java:133)
   at org.hibernate.validator.event.ValidateEventListener.initialize(ValidateEventListener.java:91)
   at org.hibernate.event.EventListeners$1.processListener(EventListeners.java:198)
   at org.hibernate.event.EventListeners.processListeners(EventListeners.java:181)
   at org.hibernate.event.EventListeners.initializeListeners(EventListeners.java:194)
   ... 84 more

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:30 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

How does the entity look like?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:24 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Here's the entity:

Code:
@Entity
@Table(name = "my-entity")
public class MyEntity implements java.io.Serializable {

private static final long serialVersionUID = -6614950526963809113L;
   private Long id;
   private String name;

public MyEntity() {
   }

@Id
   @GeneratedValue(strategy=GenerationType.AUTO)
   public Long getId() {
      return this.id;
   }
   public void setId(Long id) {
      this.id = id;
   }

@Column(name = "name", nullable = false)
   public String getName() {
      return this.name;
   }
   public void setName(String name) {
      this.name = name;
   }

}

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:46 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I tried the mapping without our test harness and it seems to work. I might be missing something or there is something additional happening in your setup. Could you isolate a testcase? You can either post it here or even better create a Jira issue here

--Hardy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:40 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Ok, so I decided to step through the code, in particular the last method in the stacktrace:

Code:
org.hibernate.search.impl.MappingModelMetadataProvider$MappingModelAnnotationReader.<init>

What I discovered is that the process goes through *every* entity class, not just the one class I defined in my SearchMapping. I painstakingly stepped through every Class, Method and Field of my entity classes that went through that constructor. Eventually it attempts to map java.io.Serializable (also at one point, it maps java.lang.Object). When it goes through the methods of Serializable, it reaches the "finalize" method and because it doesn't start with "get" or "is" the exception occurs.

Is this expected behavior? Might this have to do with bootstrapping in Seam? Do you have a working example of programmatic mapping through Seam?

-JF

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:09 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I made several of our test classes Serializable as well and could not reproduce the problem. It seems we really need a testcase.

--Hardy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:17 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Are you testing this while bootstrapping the EMF through Seam? Otherwise, it seems we are comparing apples and oranges.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:24 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

No, no Seam involved on my side. I basically tried to see whether there is a simple bug in Search, but it seems there is more to it. For this reason it would be great if you could provide a test case.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:40 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I've created a simple mavenized Seam application that demonstrates the error I'm getting. It seems I can't attach files on this forum. Can I email it to you or post it somewhere else?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:58 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I've created a JIRA issue and attached the test case.

http://opensource.atlassian.com/project ... SEARCH-591

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:06 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I was just about to tell you to attach it to a Jira issue. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:20 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

There seems to be no test class in the project. How to I trigger the error?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:52 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Oh right, that would probably be nice to know.

The error is triggered when you start Seam up in a servlet container. That's the only way I know to bootstrap Seam. If you're using Eclipse, have the m2eclipse plugin, then the project will automatically be configured as a Web Project. Then you can add a Server runtime (I'm using Tomcat) and deploy the project to that server. Then it's as simple as starting up the server (in debug mode if you want to debug).

I stepped through the H-Search code by "attaching the source" to the H-Search jar in the Maven Dependencies section.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next