-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: getFullTextEntityManager Null Pointer Exception
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:01 pm 

When I try to get the FullTextEntityManager I continually get the error below. Anyone know what could be causing this? I'm using Hibernate Search 3.2.0, Hibernate Core & Entity-Manager 3.5.1, Lucene 2.9.2

Quote:
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.hibernate.search.jpa.impl.FullTextEntityManagerImpl.getFullTextSession(FullTextEntityManagerImpl.java:62)
at org.hibernate.search.jpa.impl.FullTextEntityManagerImpl.createFullTextQuery(FullTextEntityManagerImpl.java:98)
at com.facility.ws.search.BasicSearch.buildJpaQuery(BasicSearch.java:69)

This is the method were the exception (at the line where static method getFullTextEntityManager() is called):
Code:
public org.hibernate.search.jpa.FullTextQuery buildJpaQuery(org.apache.lucene.search.Query luceneQuery, Class entity) {
        FullTextEntityManager ftem = org.hibernate.search.jpa.Search.getFullTextEntityManager(em);
        org.hibernate.search.jpa.FullTextQuery query = ftem.createFullTextQuery(luceneQuery, entity);
        return query;
}

Post subject: Re: getFullTextEntityManager Null Pointer Exception
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:38 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

are you sure your entity manager is not null? The line throwing the NullPointerException is:

Code:
Object delegate = em.getDelegate();

Seems to me that em must be null.

--Hardy

Post subject: Re: getFullTextEntityManager Null Pointer Exception
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:46 pm 

hardy.ferentschik wrote:
Hi,

are you sure your entity manager is not null?

Seems to me that em must be null.

--Hardy

You're right, the entity manager was null. I mistakenly directly instantiated the class rather than relying on Spring DI to provide an instance of the class, hence circumventing the DI process and thus resulting in a null em.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]