-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Validator & DDL
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:14 am 

Hi,

I've used the validator in some projects (non db-specific) everything works fine. But now I'd like to use it with
hibernate (orm). Within the documentation there is the following:
Quote:
Out of the box, Hibernate Annotations (as of Hibernate 3.5.x) will translate the constraints you have defined for your entities into mapping metadata. For example, if a property of your entity is annotated @NotNull, its columns will be declared as not null in the DDL schema generated by Hibernate.

Now I have this Entity:
Code:
@Entity
@Table(name="CONTACTS")
public class Contact implements Serializable {

@Id
  @GeneratedValue(generator = "system-uuid")
  @GenericGenerator(name = "system-uuid", strategy = "uuid")
  @Column(name="ID")
  @Length(max=36)
  private String id;

public String getId() {
    return id;
  }

public void setId(String id) {
    this.id = id;
  }
}

I would expect that the column ID would have a length of 36 but it has 255 (the default).
Within the deployment I'll see this:
Quote:
13:56:59.520 DEBUG o.h.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate - create table CONTACTS (ID varchar(255) not null, primary key (ID))
13:57:00.381 INFO o.h.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate - schema update complete

Within the documentation of hibernate validator it's mentioned that the ddl-generation is on by default and has to disabled explicitly.
I haven't done this and hibernate tells me that it has found the validator long before the line above.

Currently I'm using Hibernate 3.5.2-Final and Hibernate-Validator 4.0.2GA

Has anybody some ideas?

yours

marc

Post subject: Re: Validator & DDL
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:13 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

At the moment there is no DDL constraint generation for @Length. I created HHH-5281 to address this.

--Hardy

Post subject: Re: Validator & DDL
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:24 am 

Hm. To have the ddl generated correctly and to have validation I need to define it twice, right?

@Column(name="ID", length=36)
@Length(max=36)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]