-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate Validator 3.x to 4.0.2 changes
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:19 pm 

Hi, I am trying to upgrade an existing Application using Hibernate Validator 3.0.0 to 4.0.2.

I am not able to find a corresponding class for the following classes:
org.hibernate.validator.ValidatorClass -- ? (I read that this class is obsolete - so what am I supposed to replace it with, to get the same functionality)
org.hibernate.validator.InvalidValue -- ?
org.hibernate.validator.InvalidStateException
org.hibernate.validator.ClassValidator -- ?

Post subject: Re: Hibernate Validator 3.x to 4.0.2 changes
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:50 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

Validator 3.x amd 4.x are completely different code bases. The latter is the reference implementation of the Bean Validation specification (JSR 303). I recommend you have a look at the specification or the Validator online manual - http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/stable/ ... ml_single/ - to see how Bean Validation works.

I am not sure how much it makes sense to just compare classes, but here we go:

org.hibernate.validator.ValidatorClass --> javax.validation.Constraint
org.hibernate.validator.InvalidValue --> javax.validation.ConstraintViolation
org.hibernate.validator.InvalidStateException -> javax.validation.ConstraintViolationException
org.hibernate.validator.ClassValidator --> javax.validation.Validator

I don't think thought that just switching classes will help. You'll need to spend some time with the documentation.

--Hardy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]