-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: validator with many validation.xml file ???
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:08 pm 

Hi Hibernate validator community,

I want to know how can i use different validator for the same object. Let's say i have a Employee class to validate and i want to validate it with different ways. For example, for a HR employee, i want to validate it based on the fact that the HR person can set any type of employee to the object while a Director employee can only set "normal" type for an Employee object.

I want to be able to use many validation.xml files based on a condition that is only decided at runtime. Is is possible ?

Post subject: Re: validator with many validation.xml file ???
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:40 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

validation.xml is not really an option here. The spec says:
Quote:
If more than one META-INF/validation.xml file is
found in the classpath, a ValidationException is raised.

You could programmatically create multiple ValidatorFactorys and have multiple Validators. I don't think I would recommend this approach though. I probably would write a custom constraint where in the ConstraintValidator implementation I act depending on the user logged in. Or maybe you could use groups. Assign you constraints to groups (eg HS group and Director group), then when you call Validator.validate only validate the group depending on the logged in person. This is probably the best solution.

--Hardy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]