-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ignore / Disable listeners for particular persistence unit?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:46 pm 

JBoss 5.1.0
Hibernate Search 3.1.1 (with EntityManager/JPA)

Our persistence.xml has two persistence units, one for normal read / write operations (Let's call this A), the second is for reading uncommitted data from the data base (isolation level set to TRANSACTION_READ_UNCOMMITTED) (B).

Hibernate Search is working like a champ for A as intended. However hibernate search is also trying to attach to / automatically create another set of indexes for the second persistence unit, B. We don't need hibernate search to do anything with B.

Is there any way to tell Hibernate Search ignore a particular persistence unit in persistence.xml? Or a way to tell Hibernate Search to only attach to particular persistence units?

I've read the manual and Hibernate Search in Action. I wasn't able to find anything like this.

Post subject: Re: Ignore / Disable listeners for particular persistence unit?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi, you can prevent Hibernate Search to register himself as listener on the EntityManager;
from the reference docs:
Code:
3.7.1. Enabling Hibernate Search

Hibernate Search is enabled out of the box when using Hibernate Annotations or Hibernate EntityManager. If, for some reason you need to disable it, set hibernate.search.autoregister_listeners to false. Note that there is no performance penalty when the listeners are enabled even though no entities are indexed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:37 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Does persistence unit B contain also classes which are annotated with @Indexed? Or are you using the same classes in the two different units?
Generally Search does not know about persistence units or JPA in general. All it cares is whether there are indexed (classes annotated with @Indexed) classes. Maybe it would be possible to write a custom FullTextIndexEventListener which does not trigger index updates when an event originates from a certain persistence unit. However, that's just a guess at the moment, since I am not sure whether this information will be available or not.

--Hardy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:52 am 

Thanks to both of you for the response. Setting "hibernate.search.autoregister_listenersfalse" to false was exactly what I needed. Quite frankly I'm a bit embarrassed that I missed that. I suppose I've been staring at too many docs in the past week or two. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:03 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

no problem, you're welcome :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:45 pm 

Hardy, I didn't quite understand your post. I am trying to use Hibernate with tomcat eclipse, and I heard that you need to disable listeners first. I am a newbie and have been looking for a good resource on that stack but haven't been able to find any, including the one I just linked to, which is of middling quality.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:46 pm 

Actually-- scratch that, I'm an idiot. I searched for the wrong thing. TY anyway Hardy, et al.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]