-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to searching hibernate-search index?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:17 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I there a way to search the lucene index created by hibernate-search without knowledge of a lucene query.

I.E. I have read that you need to create a lucene query and then create a hibernate query to wrap that lucene query to get back entities that match your search criteria.

Post subject: Re: How to searching hibernate-search index?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:59 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

No, currently there is not way around creating a Lucene query. We are considering/working on a programmatic API for querying, but that's still experimental. The idea is to hide the construction of the Lucene query behind a fluent and type safe Hibernate Search specific API.

That said, is there a particular reason you are asking this question?

Post subject: Re: How to searching hibernate-search index?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:07 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks.

Yeah the only reason I was asking was it seems strange that the lucene API was hidden (wrapped) when creating the index, but not when trying to access the index. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing things the hard way by using the lucene API to create a lucene query. ( i hate doing extra work if its not necessary :) )

BTW have you seen this post I cannot get anyone to respond, is it a dumb question?
https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1001680

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]