-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: hibernate lucene search in multiple classes
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:39 am 

hi all

i have an issue in hibernate search

my problem is similar to the following thread but there no body responded properly

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/760826/hibernate-search-for-multiple-classes

my question is how to join two tables while hibernate lucene searching
i spent lot of time goggling but i could not find the solution

help is appreciated

thank you..
bye

Post subject: Re: hibernate lucene search in multiple classes
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:52 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Well, my first question is really why there is no mapping between Bug and Comments in the first place? Personally I would start there.
Why is there no association between these two classes and how are the costs to add one?

A potential solution otherwise could be to implement a ClassBridge for the Bug class. In the ClassBridge you have to somehow load the
associated Comments and index them manually. Of course in this case you have to be able to load the associated entities somehow in the
bridge implementation which can be quite tricky depending on your setup.

One way or the other - you have to index the Bug and its Comments into the same Lucene Document. Hibernate Search does not
define any join type functionality like HQL.

--Hardy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]