-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: domain driven design version of CaveatEmptor?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:22 am 

Hi

Is there a domain driven design version of CaveatEmptor i.e. one that uses repositories and a rich domain model?

It would be great to see the DAO version and the DDD version side by side so if one exists please add a link.

Many thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:54 am 

Why do you think that the Caveat Emptor application does not have a rich domain model? It has a rich domain model. Entities contain behaviour unlike applications with "anemic" domain models.
The DAO's in the application are exactly what Eric Evans call "Repositories".
To summarize, Caveat Emptor has utilized Domain Driven Design. It would be ridiculous not to apply DDD in an example application of object/relational mapping. No?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:08 pm 

I appreciate the application has a rich domain model to some degree. The behavior does exist in some of the classes and since it is just a demo I did not expect there to be much behavior.

But in the application there is a One to One mapping between Dao's and entities. As I understand from the reading I have been doing the repositories should deal with aggregates. I have to confess I am still reading the book so I may not fully understand the notion of a repository yet.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]