-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: CaveatEmptor Seam example
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:21 pm 

I'm loving the book, espeically the Seam chapter. Is there an estimate on when the CaveatEmptor Seam examplewill be ready for download?

Again, the book is fantastic. Great work!!!

Dan MacDonald

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:31 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I was almost done with the Seam example when Gavin released Seam 1.1, which changed the way entity objects are handled (with the manager pattern now you would probably no longer hold the "currentUser" in the session context).

So I am still undecided if I do it the same way as in the book, or if I prefer it if readers get better code that doesn't exactly match the book. I will do that in January when I'm back from vacation :)

If you like the book I'd appreciate if you post a short review on Amazon. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:33 pm 

I wouldn't mind seeing both code sets.

I'd be glad to write a review in Amazon. It will be done shortly.

Have a good vacations!

Post subject: Hibernate Seam examples
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:06 am 

Hi,

I also really enjoyed the Seam chapter of the new book and am very keen to see the example code as I'm trying to write a new application using Hibernate, Seam, EJBs and Facelets.

Having used Hibernate before, the other elements are completely new, but I like the approach that the book uses and thought the code would give me a good base to kick off as the other Seam tutorials don't have much integration with hibernate as I can see.

Are we still expecting this code to be available in Jan?

Cheers, Natalie

~If you're not struggling, you're not trying~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:36 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

To tell you the truth, I find it difficult to set aside the time to write yet another tutorial that in essence does nothing else than the already available 20 example applications in the Seam distribution. Really, what I describe in the book can be just as easily mapped to the 'booking' demo app. There are even pure Hibernate examples in the Seam distribution.

So this is not a top priority right now.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]