-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleData
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:48 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi ALL,

I am working with the caveatemptor(3.1-alpha5) application with oracle10G as database(classes12.jar) in win XP

However running the command ant gives me the following error:

caveatemptor.HiA-SE-alpha5\build.xml:133: Test org.hibernate.ce.auction.test.junit.AllHibernateTests failed

On checking the file:
caveatemptor.HiA-SE\build\junit\testout\TEST-org.hibernate.ce.auction.test.junit.AllHibernateTests.txt

I can see the following reported:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDatabaseMetaData.supportsResultSetType(I)Z

Any clue?

Post subject: Re: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: oracle.jdbc.driver.Oracle
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:42 am 
Beginner
Beginner

My Oracle problem as reported earlier still remains unresolved....

So for the time being I switched to HSQL DB ...started the database and ran the command "ant" and the build was a successful one (the tests ran successfully) ....

However on running the command "ant db.gui" and connecting to the HSQL DB, I cannot get the SQL statements for e.g "SELECT * FROM BID" executed, even though the tables were created as it can be seen from the generated file "....\caveatemptor.HiA-SE\build\junit\testout\TEST-org.hibernate.ce.auction.test.junit.AllHibernateTests.txt"

I am using the "PUBLIC" schema

Any clue?

Post subject: Re: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: oracle.jdbc.driver.Oracle
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:53 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I mistakenly was using the in-memory database for HSQL DB instead of the HSQL DB Server....now I can get the SQL statements successfully executed....However if anyone has the clue to the Oracle problem, let me know.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]