-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate In Action - New Version?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:59 pm 

Any info on when an updated version of Hibernate In Action will be available? We are starting to use Hibernate at a job I just started, and need a recommendation on a book to purchase. I hate to have my boss buy the current version, since we are going to use a lot of the new features in 3.1.

I thought I saw September 2005, on Christian's blog, but there is nothing about a new version on Manning's website. Any info would be great.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:03 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

http://caveatemptor.hibernate.org/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:21 am 

How's the book coming along? I really want to buy HiA, but I don't want to get the 1st version right when the 2nd one is coming out. Is it going to be Q12006?

Regards,
Daniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:23 am 

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? I really want to get this book but hate to buy a first edition when the second edition is about to come out. The blog isn't up to date and none of the links I can find mention anything recent about a publication date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:10 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

If there is anything new I'll post about it. As long as there is nothing new to report I won't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:13 am 

Not even an estimated date? 1Q? 2Q? I just want to buy your book and give you money =).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:38 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

If you'd know how much money ends up on my account you wouldn't say that :) Q2 is very very likely, Q1 is unrealistic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:03 pm 

Sounds great - I think I've cleared up a lot of the basic stuff in my mind from reading these forums, but there are still lots of deep, dark corners I need to learn lots more about.

You should try to negotiate a better deal! Tell them that the code samples in the book will unleash a virus when compiled unless they up your cut to 25%.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:23 am 
Expert
Expert

I would say that for the understanding of Hibernate HIA 1st edition is absolutely fine.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]