-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: CaveatEmptor Webapp test error, please assist
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:27 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I extracted the caveatemptor.HiA-SE and extracted it. I followed the directions carefully. I want to test the webapp stuff.

So first off I ran
runCleanDatabase.sh

Edited the build.properties and changed the $tomcat.home to my tomcat home.

Then ran "ant.webapp.test.deploy" and accessed the test(not tests) by pointing to http://localhost/caveatemptor-test

I am running on 80 not 8080.

Anyway the first page displays showing me the index.jsp
with this
Run one of the tests:

* FilterTest

After clicking the FilterTest it shows me the next page:
Start:
EventOne

But when I click the EventOne I get the following error: Yes, the database is running, it is still in a window: (see below)

Here is webapp error, which I cannot figure out:
javax.servlet.ServletException: could not insert: [org.hibernate.ce.auction.model.Category]
org.hibernate.ce.auction.web.filter.HibernateThreadExtendedFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)

root cause

org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not insert: [org.hibernate.ce.auction.model.Category]
org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:65)
org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:43)
org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.insert(AbstractEntityPersister.java:1985)
org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.insert(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2404)
org.hibernate.action.EntityIdentityInsertAction.execute(EntityIdentityInsertAction.java:37)
org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.execute(ActionQueue.java:243)
org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractSaveEventListener.performSaveOrReplicate(AbstractSaveEventListener.java:269)
org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractSaveEventListener.performSave(AbstractSaveEventListener.java:167)
org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractSaveEventListener.saveWithGeneratedId(AbstractSaveEventListener.java:101)
org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.saveWithGeneratedOrRequestedId(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:186)
org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.entityIsTransient(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:175)
org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.performSaveOrUpdate(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:98)
org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.onSaveOrUpdate(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:70)
org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.fireSaveOrUpdate(SessionImpl.java:502)
org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.saveOrUpdate(SessionImpl.java:496)
org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.saveOrUpdate(SessionImpl.java:492)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
org.hibernate.context.ThreadLocalSessionContext$TransactionProtectionWrapper.invoke(ThreadLocalSessionContext.java:274)
$Proxy2.saveOrUpdate(Unknown Source)
org.hibernate.ce.auction.dao.hibernate.GenericHibernateDAO.makePersistent(Unknown Source)
org.hibernate.ce.auction.web.filter.FilterTestServlet.doGet(Unknown Source)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
org.hibernate.ce.auction.web.filter.HibernateThreadExtendedFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.7 logs.

Here its sysout is:
$ ./runCleanDatabase.sh
Removing database files...
rm: cannot remove `database/test.*': No such file or directory
Starting database engine...
[Server@1a758cb]: [Thread[main,5,main]]: checkRunning(false) entered
[Server@1a758cb]: [Thread[main,5,main]]: checkRunning(false) exited
[Server@1a758cb]: Startup sequence initiated from main() method
[Server@1a758cb]: Loaded properties from [C:\caveatEmptor\caveatemptor.HiA-SE\database\server.properties]
[Server@1a758cb]: Initiating startup sequence...
[Server@1a758cb]: Server socket opened successfully in 187 ms.
[Server@1a758cb]: Database [index=0, id=0, db=file:test, alias=] opened sucessfully in 1000 ms.
[Server@1a758cb]: Startup sequence completed in 1250 ms.
[Server@1a758cb]: 2006-01-06 12:17:13.375 HSQLDB server 1.8.0 is online
[Server@1a758cb]: To close normally, connect and execute SHUTDOWN SQL
[Server@1a758cb]: From command line, use [Ctrl]+[C] to abort abruptly

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]