-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: eg auto creation of schema
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:46 am 
Beginner
Beginner

In following the directions from link <http://www.hibernate.org/152.html> I was amazed how the schema was auto created.

Upon analyzing the build file, and java src, the only place I see where this could occur would be here:

.setProperty(Environment.HBM2DDL_AUTO, "create");
within the configuration area.

If so, does this actually read the classes, or the hbm files to do its job? What is the workflow? I added a field to one of the .hbm files, but it would not create the schema until I added the field into the java src and recompiled?

Any info on this would help out, and also if it is in the book, I cannot seem to find it.

Thanks,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:53 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Use the regular user forum, I don't have the time to babysit you here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:57 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

And please, please, please (the third time with extra sugar on top), finally read http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/re ... orial.html

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]